When I try to download Label Tasks, I get some strange text up on my browser session and nothing seems to happen.
A : This can be to do with browser security settings - so whilst it is best not to change these for the purposes of other applications and sites, there is a method to bypass this problem and quickly download the file you require.
1. Right Click on the download link and select 'Save Target As'
2. In the 'File Name' text box, type in the name 'Setup.msi'; in the 'Save as type' drop down list, select 'All' - click 'Save'
3. The file will start downloading, in the file download window, click 'Open' button when download is finished.
4. You may get the 'Internet Explorer - Security Warning' window - if so, then click 'Run'
The application should start installing from that point forward.
Running Label Tasks on Apple Mac with OSX Operating System.
You can run Label Tasks on an intel processor based Apple Mac with OSX by downloading and installing a cross platform application utility called Boot Camp 3.0
Boot Camp allows you to run a lot of Windows XP OS applications and will need to be installed before you can install the .NET framework and then Label Tasks. The operation should take no more than 45 minutes (depending on your internet connection speed) and should allow you to successfully install and use Label Tasks.
Aside from installing Bootcamp, you might need to install a suitable driver for your printer in order to allow Label Tasks to successfully communicate with your device for printing the labels.
There are five steps involved in this solution.
1. Download and install Boot Camp on your Apple Mac (about 270 MB)
2. Reboot your Apple Mac such that the Windows operating system can be installed.
3. You will need to have a Windows XP installation CD to hand in order to perform the install of Windows. Home edition of Windows XP will be sufficient here.
4. Download and install the .NET framework (about 20 MB)
5. Download and install Label Tasks
Importing data from other applications (Excel) using demo freeware version.
This is not possible - we can, however, take your Excel spreadsheet data and import it for you. We will be more than happy to complete this service for you upon purchase of a Label Tasks License.
Removing the software from your computer does not require any special action or third party tools - regardless of what is currently advertised.
This is a one step action which is used to remove all legitimate software applications
Click 'start' on your desktop and select 'Control Panel', then select 'Add/Remove Software' and 'Remove' LabelTasks software.
LabelTasks software does not contain properties which make this action impossible in any Windows environment from Windows 98 through to Windows 7.
error 2869 resolution.
This is a permissions and rights issue common to most Microsoft Installation .MSI files :
1. Create a folder on your local C:\ drive called LTFIX so that the path C:\LTFIX is visible from Windows Explorer
4. On your desktop, using Windows explorer, navigate to the folder C:\LTFIX
5. Right click on the file called LTFIX.BAT and select the option to Run As Administrator. This should start the installation process for LabelTasks.
6. Once LabelTasks is installed, you should see the LabelTasks icon on your desktop. If this is the case then double click on it to start the application. If double clicking on the icon presents a further problem, then try right clicking on the icon itself and then selecting the option to Run As Administrator. Doing this once should regsiter with the operating system the fact that the application should always be run this way in future.
Additional installation guidance :
Some of the later releases of MS-Windows do not include particular DLL files which enable applications like this to run. Please click here to download and install the DLL files required to print the labels.
This software has been tested and verified on a mobile device capable of running Windows XP or VISTA / 7 / 8 / 10
LabelTasks' architecture has always had mobile devices in mind. LabelTasks can be configured easily to run with multi-branch / multi-user scenarios, with reporting only or full interface options.
Running LabelTasks on Apple Mac OSX 10.5 or later
You can use a software product called CrossOver to do this.
Retrieving deleted or overwritten label documents
Should you inadvertantly loose label information by deleting or overwriting label documents, you should be able to reclaim this information in the [OldLabels] folder in your LabelTasks folder.
The files which reside at [OldLabels] will have the same file name as the document you want to retrieve - for example, if you have a document called [TinnedFruit.lab] then this will be backed up as [TinnedFruit.lab.bak] - Simply rename this file by right clicking on it and selecting 'rename' - remove the '.bak' part of the file name in order to be able to access this information in LabelTasks.
You are encouraged to back up all your label documents on a regular basis, this can be achieved by simply copying the [Labels] folder and pasting it in a backup folder
Barcode printing not working,
This may be because the barcode font did not install correctly during the installation process of the LabelTasks software. This may have been because of access and permission rights of the user who installed the software.
To remedy this issue, simply check the 'C:\Windows\Fonts' folder for these two files :
'Free 3 of 9 Extended Regular' AND 'Free 3 of 9 Regular'.
If these files already exist, then it may be a permissions and access rights issue, so just right click on each file respectively and go to the Properties section of the context menu that appears when you right click on the TTF font files.
If the files are not there, then you can simply copy them across from the 'C:\`Program Files\LabelTasks 1.2' folder (or the folder which you originally installed the software.
Failing this, it may be that the Properties sections of the font files have the 'Archive' option set, to remedy this, simply right click on the each of the two font files and select 'Properties' and uncheck 'Archive' - click APPLY and then OK.
See screenshot below for illustration :
Still having difficulties? Support is available at any time.
Tel : 00353-87-6283573